Guidelines to obtain Indian Visa
All foreign nationals intending to participate in the Congress/ meeting, except those of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, are required to obtain an Indian VISA. No fee is charged for immigration facilities at the airports. VISA can be applied for in person or by post at the High commission/Embassy based in the country from where the participant intends to depart for India. VISA application form is available at the office of the Indian Embassy in the capital and other major cities of the country of your residence. All NRIs/PIOs, including children (who don’t possess OCI or PIO card) need to apply for VISA in separate VISA forms. All the participants are advised to apply for either Tourist VISA or ‘Conference VISA only. The required documents are as mentioned below:
- Passport valid for a minimum of 190 days with at least two blank pages.
- Correct visa fee.
- Two recent identical passport-size photographs.
- Filled application form (all columns in the form are mandatory and must be filled)
- Duly completed and signed application form
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months
- VISA fee
- Two passport size photographs
- Supporting documents such as invitation letter sent by organizing body, letters of clearance from The Nodal Ministry, The Ministry of Home Affairs, The Ministry of External affairs, and The State Government, letter from the organization in the participant’s country which nominated the applicant to attend the conference, proof of residential address and, copy of birth certificate.
The VISA application, along with the enclosures mentioned above, must be submitted directly to the Embassy/High commission of country/locality.
The organizing committee is working on the required supporting documents as mentioned above and will upload the letter of approvals from the respective ministry at the earliest (These letters will be soon uploaded on the conference website in a downloadable format). We need to obtain prior and specific approval for attendees who are from Afghanistan, China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistani origin and Stateless persons; Those residing in this category, please approach conference secretariat at the earliest, but before 31st August 2016 with the following information:
- Full Name
- Father’s or Husband’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Passport Number
- Date of Issue of Passport
- Place of Issue of Passport (City & Country)
- Date of Expire of Passport
- Present Address
Please send these details along with a copy of the passport to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any doubt or query, please contact us