The Conference Venue:
The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) is located in Ludhiana city. The university’s main campus is spread over a sprawling area of 1510 acres and 4615 acres at the regional research stations.
You can locate the venue with the help of following map:
Ludhiana is quite aptly called as the “Manchester of India” for its world famous hosiery products. The weather is pleasant and comfortable in November.
|1. Easy access by road, rail, and air. Chandigarh International airport is barely 90kms from Ludhiana. Organising Committee will arrange transportation from Airport at very subsidized rates.
2. Ludhiana is famous for its appetizing, delectable, exquisite Punjabi Cuisine in the world. Organising committee of ISACON 2016 will arrange a large variety of sumptuous cuisines representing all regions of our country with special delicacies savoring the flavor of Punjab.
3. Complimentary city tour for accompanying spouses to historical tourist attractions within city, are being arranged by Organising committee. Pre and post conference tours at subsidized rates to nearby tourist attractions like Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden, Pinjore Garden, Golden Temple, Wagah Border and also to neighbouring states of Himachal Pradesh and Jamma & Kashmir are on the anvil by the organising committee.
4. The Manchester of India, Ludhiana is also the best Fashion Hub famous for woollen sweaters, shawls and cotton T-shirts; most of the top Indian woollen apparel brands like Monte Carlo, Rage, Madame, Duke, Oner, Casablanca etc. have their headquarters in Ludhiana. Organising Committee of ISACON 2016 will arrange special discounts for delegates of ISACON 2016 on these brands at the conference.
5. Ludhiana is flooded with Shopping markets, malls: Markets such as Chaura Bazaar, Ghumar Mandi, Jawahar Nagar Camp and Mall Road are good places to shop in the city. Organising Committee of ISACON 2016 will create a Haat Bazaar, where all the major products like Punjabi Jutti, Suits, famous sweets etc. will be available for purchase at subsidized rates in the conference venue.
6. Ludhiana is Asia’s largest hub for bicycle manufacturing and produces more than 50% of India’s bicycle consumption of more than 10 million each year. Organising committee of ISACON 2016 will arrange discount coupons for purchase of bicycles by interested delegates.